The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU 2.7 and plugin auto updates (16 posts)

1. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm running WPMU 2.7 trunk and saw that it would let me update plugins automatically like WP 2.7. I clicked on the auto update link for one plugin and it went through the familiar process but now all plugin update messages have disappeared. The plugin icon still displays the number of icons which have updates available, but the list of plugins no longer shows which updates are available.

Would be nice for the WPMU admin to be able to auto update plugins this way.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's coming out entirely, I think.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hopefully it'll be removed. I seriously doubt we have a single plugin that's not been modified. Would be a logistical nightmare for us if auto updated was added in. Ditto with security.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, it keeps sneaking in with every other WP merge. :) I alerted D. the first time. :D

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

So it's my turn?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep. I'm passing the buck this time. ;P

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

But I've done the plugin editor link twice now!

:pout:

8. trcwest
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have also looked for post on this error... and have now found it...

is there a solution to why it dissapears after one update??

its verry strange...

how could we get this done or put into the support cases for wpmu

--------

has any one had the problem with the plugins updater...

as when i log in a fresh on a new computer it tells me about the pugins that need updating theni click update then once one updates i loose the option to update the others but the plugins tab has a red note indicating that there are plugins that need to be updated??

Any thoughts people

9. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@trcwest: Read the posts above yours. It won't be available on the main release so you won't have to worry about getting it to work.

10. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oddly enough I've found it to be far from reliable when updating WP plugins. Probably because my webserver account user (www-data) doesn't have a login as such so I have to login as a different user and the file privs just seem to go wrong.

So I'm quite happy its not going to be there. BUT I'd quite like the "There is an update" alert, but not the ability to actually do the update.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And I think the plugins tab now shows the number you have *activated*. (I think... at least it should)

12. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just updated to the final 2.7 release and the problem is still there. It had the auto-update links for 8 of my plugins. I clicked on one, it appeared to update and then the list of updateable plugins disappeared. The number still shows, but I can't see which need updating anymore.

13. zarathos
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have found you can sort of "trick" it into showing you the links for plugins needing updates by adding a new file to the plugins folder. I have been using the "touch" command from a command line on my server to add the file, and this usually (I'd say 3 out of 5 times) makes the links reappear.

Anybody got any ideas on the root cause of this yet?

14. scott_oliphant
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm having the same issue, just upgraded from 2.6. was able to upgrade 1 plugin, now it shows how many are out of date, but no links to upgrade in plugin menu

15. scott_oliphant
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just notices this has been reported and has been input into trac http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/819 for 2.7.1. By the way, thanks so much for all your hard work!

16. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

I add my voice too: I have the same problem on two different WPMU upgraded from 2.6.3 and 2.6.5 on two different server. One of the server host also a WP2.7 and the uploader works well.

I'm seriously thinking to downgrade.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by josswinn
  • Latest reply from mushin69