The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Redirect Login to Another Database (3 posts)

1. austintodo
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, I'm new to wordpress mu, and I just finish installing wordpress mu on my website. My problem is that I have another database, which is only used to login. The database contains many users and I hope the users login wordpress using their old id/pwd in that database(not wordpress's MySQL database). But I don't know if there is a simple way to do this. If yes, please tell me how to do that or a link to the reference documents. Thanks!

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

There is a plugin that helps with this over at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ and was mentioned in a thread here not that long ago. Can't remember what the name is though. If anyone else remembers, it would be nice to have it mentioned!

Trent

3. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

the function that does the logging in is pluggable. It is in wp-includes/plugabble.php and is called wp_authenticate

If you replace this function in a plugin, then it will use your version instead of the original. You then need to write some code to check the user login details and return the correct response.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by austintodo
  • Latest reply from cafespain