The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU as an add-on to an existing site? (4 posts)

1. pepeu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have an existing site. I just want to add the multi-user blog functionality to it. Just use the current first page as it is and just add a column with latest blog entries and a sign-up form.

Is it possible? Is WordPress MU what I want? Please say yes! :O)

2. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have something similar on a site. I have an RSS feed for all of the latest blog entries on the front page. I have MU in a separate directory, too. So, this is definitely possible.

3. pepeu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sweet! I haven't even installed it yet since I'm looking for different options. At a last resort I would have to write a blog thingie myself, but that would require more time and effort than I'm willing to spare. This sure looks like a pretty good alternative! There will be quite some hours spending on setup and design, but that's another topic.

Thanks mate! :O)

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's not as simple as t3 described. It depends on how you want the sub blogs address to be.

If you want domain.com/blogs/userblog ...then that's easy. Just install MU to the "blogs" directory.

If you want userblog.domain.com ..then MU has been installed where your current site is. But that's really no problem. You can make your current site the MU homepage.

About this Topic