The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Email server as "anonymous" (6 posts)

1. nero1977
    Posted 17 years ago #

Guys!
    How to change email-name - anonymous@ from outgoing admin Email with password?

Some users not get this emails!

2. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Which email are you talking about? I noticed that some "from" addresses are hard coded in the PHP scripts.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think he's talking about the "Welcome to your blog" and Lost Password emails.

Nero, I'm on a hard wired terminal so I can't double check this for you (ie I can't pull won files and do a search) but I remember that this email gets created in the wpmu-functions.php file under the createBlog function. I would look there first.

I'll be moving over to a normal PC in a few hours so if you're still stuck, I can dig further later this afternoon.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

4. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, for the new blog mail it's in wpmu-functions.php function createBlog.

There is another hardcoded address in wp-admin/invites.php. Just search for "From:".

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Pity there's not a master address within the Dashboard for it to be pulled from.

6. nero1977
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, right

Yes, I think some server's get this E-mails like spam and rejected. Than I see mail-queue, there have some "failure notice" and sender anonymous@myhost.com. May be if change this to work admin or site email - be more easier.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by nero1977
  • Latest reply from nero1977