The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help with User Registration (6 posts)

1. mayansoldier
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi! I have some expirience with simple wordpress but i decided to install wodpress MU. i'm setting up my blog but i'm having problems with user registration. I have tried with all the options under Site Admin->options but no matter what option do i select the Register Link is not shown on the homepage.
    What is happening?
    Is the php function to call the registration links in wordpress MU different from simple wordpress?
    Please help!
    thanks a lot! and thanks for awesome Wordpress MU!

2. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

Link to /wp-signup.php for WPMU 2.6.5

The home.php of the home theme that downloads with WPMU has sample code

<h2>WordPress &micro;</h2>
    <p>This is a <a href="http://mu.wordpress.org/">WordPress Mu</a> powered site.</p>
    <p>You can: <ul><?php wp_register(); ?><li> <?php wp_loginout(); ?></li><li> <a href="wp-signup.php">Create a new blog</a></li><li> Edit this file at <code>wp-content/themes/home/home.php</code> with your favourite text editor and customize this screen.</li></ul></p>
  3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

WP = register
    WPMU = signup

4. mayansoldier
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok so the wp_singup is to create a new blog and the wp_register is to create an account. I'm using wp_register but nothing seems to happen.
    Do i need to include de wp_singup anyway? I am just using Worpdress Mu because I am going to install buddypress. I dont want people to create blogs by them selves

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"and the wp_register is to create an account"

No, register isn't really used in MU.

They *have to* go to wp-signup.php.

6. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

<?php wp_register(); ?>
    Does NOT show a regitration link in WPMU, only in WP. Not much point in using it, really.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_register

A link to wp_signup.php, or including it, is the way for new users to register and for new and current users to add a new blog.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mayansoldier
  • Latest reply from dsader