The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

default blogroll (9 posts)

1. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

Having a problem with the default blogroll. On new blogs (some old ones to) there are two links in the default blogroll, one to wordpress.org and another to wordpress.com. Problem that I am having is deleting these links from within the "links" section under the wp-admin, they just do not show up when you try to manage the links, but when the blogroll is listed on home page the two links are always there.

I can remove the links by going into the db and removing them that way, but I would like to try and manage them appropriately.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Are you trying to get rid of the two links from the initial rollout of a new blog?

If that's a yes, then you can find the lines where they get added into the database within the createBlog function found in the wpmu-functions.php and either edit them out or comment them out.

If not, please explain further.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

I dont want to remove the default links that load when the blog is created (via wpmu-functions.php), I want each individual blog to decide if they want those links or not, if they do not want them, they should be able to delete them via the links managment but they cannot, becuase they do not show (when in the links managment, but when the blog roll is printed on the public pages the links do show).

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's weird - what build do you have? I checked on my and they show up under links management both in the main blog and member blogs. I can delete them.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I agree. My one and only user besides myself has them removed. (Build 542)

6. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am running the one from around Valentines day I think Build 529. I was holding off on upgrading while Donchaa was away (change log has been slow lately) and I didnt feel like upgrading. But now that I look at the change log, mat has made a bunch of changes over the last day, I think it is time to upgrade. Will post back about this issue after I upgrade (upgrade later tonight).

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm using the one around Valentine's Day as well - maybe the 16th.
    (am waiting top see how everyone else's upgrades go)

8. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

As for changing the default, http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/109 has a patch, now sad as its going unused since 11/04/06 (6 months and counting).

9. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Will the blogroll for every other child blog will change if I edit it in the main blog?

About this Topic