The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't login after installation (12 posts)

1. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi!

I've just downloaded Word Press MU and have seen its uses in the past, so I know it's a great program. I'm trying to extend my services to my forum members with Word Press MU and have been trying for twenty-four hours now to get it working; however, every time I install it (I'm using 000Webhost if that helps) the theme does not work correctly and when I login I am sent to a page that 000Webhost creates for pages that don't exist.

I had to use FileZilla to upload over 1,700 files, which I am almost positive is enough for something that took a very small time to download. Please note I tried searching the forum but came up with no up to date and helpful answers.

Regards,
    Hawk Spencer.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

We'll need more info.

What theme? The default one? Also, there's a chance that in the ftp process, a file may have been missed, dropped or corrupted. Do you know how to unpack a zip on the server?

3. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, it's just the default theme. I'll try uploading the .zip to my FTP and unzip it again to see if that works... I'll update this thread when that's done.

Also, can anyone check how many files should be in the normal Word Press MU .zip? Thanks in advance if you can.

Regards,
    Hawk Spencer.

4. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I uploaded the .zip and unzipped it the only directories that showed up were wp-content, wp-includes and wp-admin. Also, MANY of the files (namely the .css files) were missing.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

1 - where did you download it from?

2 - were the css files missing form the actual theme & admin directories? Or just when you looked on the front end?

Got a link to your install?

6. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

I downloaded MU from this website.
    It's hard to tell, there are a LOT of things missing.

The link is http://clubpenguinparlour.co.cc/wpmu/

7. alunsina
    Posted 15 years ago #

does .co.cc allow you to edit dns? you would have to make a wildcard subdomain to make it work. :)

8. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the help; I'll try to do this the next time I install MU.

9. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, so I can't do the sub-domains. Should I try the /BLOG links and see if those work? Yeah, I feel like doing that.

10. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://clubpenguinparlour.co.cc/wpmu/index.php

The first time I tried I got about 500 files.
    The second time I tried I got about 1,700 files.
    This time, I have about fifty less than someone says I should have.

WHY won't this file download completely on my computer? My FTP uploader is up to date, I have unzipped everything, yet when it comes time to upload and install, it doesn't work. Can anyone explain why it is doing this? I know no files were lost in the uploading process because I checked how many processed/uploaded and how many were in the directory (my computer/downloads/wordpress-mu-2.7): 636.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Upload the zip to the server and unpack it there.

Could be the ftp process is dropping some, or your connection is dropping and reconnecting (mine does that sometimes- irritating as hell), could be the ftp program itself, up to date or not, some are just meh.

12. Hawk Spencer
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've gotten all of the files uploaded through File Zilla easily... I'll try unzipping it.

Can someone please tell me why it is when I download this that the directories are all empty?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Hawk Spencer
  • Latest reply from Hawk Spencer