The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wpmu 2.7 and Plugin Commander (10 posts)

1. PerS
    Posted 15 years ago #

(I know wpmu 2.7 isn't released :)

Plugin Commander only works partly on wpmu 2.7. You can activate etc from Site Admin->Plugin Commander, but site admin doesn't get access to Plugins (/wp-admin/plugins.php).

This hack (should be added to wpmu 2.7 ?) will give site admin access to Plugins (/wp-admin/plugins.php, line 16):

if( !is_site_admin() && $menu_perms[ 'plugins' ] != 1 )

This is only a hack, I'd prefer that the if statement in line 16 where replaced with a hook e.g. "can_access_plugins"

btw, I've patched plugin commander (added Plugins menu for wpmu 2.7), you'll find it at http://www.soderlind.no/code/view/plugin-commander.php (unsupported and it's a temp fix, you use it on your own risk)

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I found that the link is just misplaced under Dashboard => Posts => Plugins or here: http://yourblog.com/wp-admin/edit.php?page=Plugins

###edit###
    forgot to mention that I chose to hide the plugins page and am just showing the plugin commander generated plugins page, but then again the menu still shows the normal plugins page :-(

I hope this addition makes sense to you?

3. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please can you test it with NextGEN Gallery plugin?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had some more trouble with plugin commander and wpmu 2.7 - it seems not to work the whole time...

anyone else noticed anything unusual or is it just me?

5. dhartlaw
    Posted 15 years ago #

I want to activate some plugins just for the site admin. There was a place to do this in 2.6.5 but I can't find it in 2.7?

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

well, don't give the users control over the plugin, then, while logged in as site_admin to to posts => plugins and activate the plugin, as easy as that.

7. torre
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think there a problems with mu 2.7. i deaktivate plugin commander.

In some blogs some plugins are deaktivated in a unexpected way. I aktivate a plugin and the next day it was deaktivated..

8. Parmen
    Posted 15 years ago #

Seems that Activate on all works also in a unexpected way. I use only the first two controls and the plugin does a fantastic job.

Thank you whoever made this great tool!

9. macworkshop
    Posted 15 years ago #

10. kingkong954
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for tweaking this.

I am on 2.7.1 and using Plugin Commander because of the feature: activating certain plug-ins on blog creation.

Otherwise, I'd have to go to each new blog and enable certain plug-ins every time. Very annoying.

So far, that seems to be in tact.

The new core plugin feature does allow activate site wide, which is nice, but it still needs the other options plugin commander has.

Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by PerS
  • Latest reply from kingkong954