The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I've got the referer_visitLog blues ... (6 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm in the middle of a database backup and I am bummed out about how LOOOOOOOOOOOONG is taking.

The taled that seem to be slowing things up are the "referer_visitLog" tables. A gent who was helping remove cruft from my tables mentioned to me how huge some of them seemed.

Can anyone tell me what purposed these tables serve? What data do they store and can my blogs do without them? Can I empty these tables or drop them?

2. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

referer_visitLog sounds like you're keeping track of who visits your site and what site they came from. What plugins do you have installed?

3. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

These are the plugins on my site. Most are not being used by anybody. These referal logs are showing up in all sites.

I have nothing in mu-plugins except power-tools.

AHP Sitewide Recent Posts for WordPress MU 0.32
    Akismet 2.0.2
    Chunk Urls for WordPress 2.0
    Filosofo Old-Style Upload 0.5
    Google Search widget 1.0
    Google XML Sitemaps 3.1.0.1
    IImage Browser 1.4.6
    List-All-Themes 0.0.1
    Optimal Title 3.0
    Post Tabs 2.0
    QuickTime Embed 0.2
    Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form v.2.0WP Sidebar Login widget 1.0
    Text Link Ads For Peoria Pundit 3.2.3
    Twitter Tools 1.5.1a
    Viper's Video Quicktags 5.1.2
    WordPress Database Backup 2.2.2
    WP-Cumulus 1.17
    WP-PluginsUsed 1.31
    XRDS-Simple

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You could probably safely drop them. What's in them?

While I'm not sure they belong to this plugin, I know Akismet adds a whole pile of cruft to the db it doesn't need to.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Something may be out of date as I'm seeing that mentioned for a lot of older code. Like wp version 1.5.

To be honest though, we've started moving all of our wpmu dbs into a separate account, using the login information from the second account and just doing a complete account backup to get the databases. The backups are half the size and easier to manage. (Granted there's two files now instead of one...) Works for cPanel and Direct Admin boxes. Not sure what you're running.

A grep on the testbed doesn't show anything.

6. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Unless someone tells me by tomorrow that these have a purpose, I'm gonna drop all of 'em manually.

My database is about 50 Megs. It's too huge. And these files are part of the cause, I think.

I'd like just to know what the purpose of them is.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from billdennis5