The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wither Theme Switcher widget? (7 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, I give up. Who hid the Theme Switcher widget? I'm trying to give my potential bloggers a ay to see what a theme will look like before they select it. But I'm having trouble find one in widget form

2. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, I found "Theme Switcher Reloaded" and it works nicely, but it doesn't give the option for excluding themes that I have not approved as site admin. Bummer.

[url]http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-switcher-reloaded/[/url]

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

In the new backend, if they select a theme, a big popup comes up with a preview. Then they have to click *again* to activate it on their blog.

4. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

I know. The use of the theme switcher is more for prospective bloggers than for current ones. And some current bloggers don't want to plat around play around with the theme page anyway.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

What abotu a page with screenshots of all your themes? I have one, and a few users said that;s why they signed up, to be able to sue certain themes. :D

6. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have a plugin that is supposed to accomplish that, the the images are coming up broken. I have no idea what, the theme directories seem to have all the right permissions.

7. James609
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi billdennis5
    Here's what I did with Theme Switcher Reloaded...

I only needed to block two of them (WordPress mu Default, WordPress mu Homepage) so I did it the sloppy way...

Line 139 theme-switcher-reloaded.php

Change this...
    if (isset($themes[$theme_name]['Status']) && $themes[$theme_name]['Status'] != 'publish')

To this...
    if (isset($themes[$theme_name]['Status']) && $themes[$theme_name]['Status'] != 'publish' || $theme_name == 'WordPress mu Default' || $theme_name == 'WordPress mu Homepage')

It builds the Themes array by looking at the directory structure under wp-content/themes/ so you could use the allowedthemes meta field in the wp_sitemeta table to filter which themes display in the list. I thought that was a bit much to do for blocking just two themes. Hence my quick and dirty solution :)

James

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from James609