The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Categories Not Editable (1 post)

1. adaptiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm having a very strange error. I'm using MU 2.6.5 but I've tested this issue in 2.7 and the problem exists there as well. I have a number of top-level categories that are attached to posts, but when I go in to edit the categories through the admin interface (e.g. move them from the top level to be a child), they are not displayed in the category list and are consequently not editable.

The dashboard indicates that I have 79 categories. When I go to the categories administration page, there are 4 "pages" of categories (each page displays 20 categories), but page three only displays three categories and page 4 doesn't display any. It is as if the categories are "invisible" in the administration page, yet they are attached to posts and show up in the category box on the post-edit page.

The way I noticed the problem was when I updated my theme. The top-level categories that were invisible all of a sudden showed up in the menu structure, but since I can't edit them, I can't get rid of them.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by adaptiman