The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Text Area Oversize (12 posts)

1. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, I've upgraded WPMU twice, but some of my blogger (4 on 2 blogs) see the textarea oversize in the "add new" section. The textarea go over the box limit and covers boxes on the right sides.

I see everything ok bot from linux and macos. They don't. I reinstall WPMU again and I've disabled TinyMCE Advanced, but some of them (not all) still view the blog in the previous way.

What could be? I ask them to delete cache/temp and even cookies, but nothing.

Any ideas?

2. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

ya i found that problem. It's actually occurs when user use 15" monitor with 800*600px screen resolution.

3. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, it seems the problem only occurs at the resolution (800x600) and I don't see a way via CSS or code to change that. The tool bar in the editor has a minimum width. You can tell your users to:

1: Choose a larger screen resolution.
    2: Instruct your users to drag all the boxes on the right and drop them below the editor. This will result in a one column display for them, but may be the only solution if they can't do 1 above.

4. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

My guys told me they have the problem with 1024 resolution and the system doesn't remember the position of the box after they have drag them to the bottom.

5. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

When this problem occurred i just zoom out the page once or twice & get everything in shape. But i don't find any solid solution for this.

You may try use tinemce advance plugin to remove some buttons from the text area.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And I bet it's only on IE.

7. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

no i found that also on firefox :(

8. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

No also on FF. On other blog my blogger experienced fuzzy things like red font, again oversize text area, impossibility to insert link and images.

I've reinstalled, update, but nothing. I've written by myself a paost on each blog (from my user everything looks and works fine), and everything disappears yesterday. Today I have another blog with textarea oversize (and again I don't see anything except the normal page layout), and another one (this one I see too) has a background inside the textarea! Grey with a small black bar on the top!

9. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

ooo.... it's sounds like a disaster. I think you can try the two

--> Install TineMCE Advance plugin, then remove the unused buttons from your text editor.

--> IF u use wpmu 2.7 then u can suggest your user to drag & drop the bars that contain SAVE & PUBLISH at the below of text area.

if want u can give some screenshots as the problem u describe i never experience that.

10. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, I have fixed the problem once writing by myself a post (with link and image) on each blog (I saw everything correctly). The day after one blog experienced a funny thing: in the textarea (normal size) he could see a background. The background of the body of the blog's theme! New theme->new background. I can see the problem too. I disabled TinyMCE Advanced and now everything looks well.

On another blog returns the oversize textarea problem. This blog doesn't suffer of oversize before. Now I have deactivated the TinyMCE Advanced and I'm wait to know if everything goes ok (I see the blog as usual, with a normal textarea).

During the oversize problem users can't drag and drop boxes below the textarea. WPMU doesn't keep the action.

11. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

mushin69: i just test one of blog in following condition:

version: WPMU 2.7
    plugin: TineMCE Advance
    Admin panel plugin: fluency 2
    Browser: IE 6.7 FF3, Safari
    Screen: 800*600 15"

Firstly the boxes at right side overlap with the text area, but when i move the boxes from right side to the bottom of text area it's all ok.

12. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

u can go for wp-fluncey that might help u a bit
    http://deanjrobinson.com/projects/fluency-admin/

About this Topic