The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Basic Mu Question on Skinning (4 posts)

1. brianpasch
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using Wordpress now for individual car dealer blogs and love it. I want to consider Mu for an 11 brand car dealership group in the Northeast.

The primary URL would be the dealer group skin (www.zzzautogroup.com) and then each brand (BMW, Infiniti, GMC) would have its own blog link on the home page.

My question: Can every dealer brand blog, linked from the home page skin, have its own look (header image, colors, etc) our does it have to inherit the main skin?

I bring this up because the brand manufacturers have rules on how dealer websites look and they have to conform.

Any help would be great. If anyone has an example like this that demonstrates this is action, I would appreciate it since I can show the dealership how it would functionally behave.

Thanks

Brian

2. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

as you are using WPMU you certainly can have different theme for different blogs.

3. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

Although it's nothing related to cars...edublogs.org is probably a good place to see how WPMU can be used on a large scale.

You are free to make each individual page look however you want...nothing is dependent on the main theme unless you want it to be.

4. brianpasch
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by brianpasch
  • Latest reply from brianpasch