The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

upgrade wp[2.5.1]/wpmu[1.5.1] to 2.7 (7 posts)

1. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

$wp_version = '2.5.1';
    $wp_db_version = 7796;
    $wpmu_version = '1.5.1';

I want to update to 2.7, but since the procedure is delicate, I'm asking here what part of this page should I follow. I've already backup db and files.

2.6 to 2.7
    1.5 to 2.6

I suppose I need to disable plugins, copy files preserving configuration's ones and wp-content/, and run the upgrade button from the dashboard, then install and enable upgraded plugin, am I correct?

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

you forgot the bit where you copy over the new WPMU files.

3. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think I mentioned :D

4. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

I got another question, what is the most safe way to shut down everything while I perform this operation? Since many authors may access blogs to make post, I'd rather not simply tell them to avoid doing so until I'm finished.

Thanks

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

6. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, even if now that I think about it, it's a plugin and I should disable plugins :|

7. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

Finished the update and obivously there is something wrong.

I can login to wp-admin of wpmu, but all other blogs give me:

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance."

I'm concerned about the usage of the Multi-Site Manager plugin that was used to assign a http://www.domain.org to each blog. In fact, when I press the "Upgrade" button, it happens to work only on main wpmu blog not in the other blogs. Those blogs are not even listed in "Blogs", but only in the "Sites" menĂ¹ of the plugin.

I think I have to revert the upgrade :(

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Paamayim
  • Latest reply from Paamayim