The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

'Recent Blogs' idget in BuddyPress continuously causes errors on the idget page (3 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Since the BuddyPress forum adamantly refuses to let me post a support question, I am resorting to the this forum, here goes:

I have been consistently having issues with the Recent Blogs Widget. It will work fine for days, then the list of Recently Updated Posts goes missing from my blogs and when I check out the widget page for these blogs, this is what I see:

`%BEG_OF_TITLE%Recent Blog Posts%END_OF_TITLE% '

I delete the file bp-blogs.php file from the mu-plugins folder and the error message vanishes. Sometimes an hour later, sometimes a day later, I can upload bp-blogs.php and all is well again.

And when it errors out on one blog, it errors on on ALL blogs using it.

I am running it on "primepress" theme, WPMu 2.7 and BuddyPress RC-1.

I've been having this problem for weeks, previous attempts to get some help for this proved fruitless. Google searches for this specific error message reveal nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My front page http://blogpeoria.com

2. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you really having that much of a problem posting to the bp forums? It has a cache running which I hate. Why run a cache on such an interactive thing as a forum? Seems kinda pointless and annoying to me. I have problems with that in that I think I've posted a message and it returns me to the thread without my reply. Sometimes refreshing works and sometimes it doesn't.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The cache is messed up here too.

Bill, have you tried anyone on twitter? Maybe Trent knows.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from andrea_r