The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Activate a Plug-In - Connection Information??? (5 posts)

1. sallyanne
    Posted 15 years ago #

Has anyone got this message? Ive had WPMU 2.7 for a month and keep uploading my plug-ins manually, but its becoming a pain.

Id like to just do it via the plug-in tab, but all my information never works.

Can anyone help me with this?

This is the message I get

Connection Information
    To perform the requested action, connection information is required.

Hostname
    Username
    Password
    Authentication Keys
    Public Key:
    Private Key:

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

That part is not finished yet.

3. grandslambert
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's funny, because last night on a fresh install of WordPress MU 2.7 I was able to use the plugin tab to install all the plugins I wanted without using FTP. I browsed for the plugin in the MU install, selected and installed them and activated them. So it IS done.

Now, here is what I found out. On the install above, I used the cPanel file manager to upload and extract the files, so all the files and folders were owned by the username of the site. On another install, I used SSH to get and extract the files, and the plugin tab asks for the fields listed in the first post. Changing all the files to be owned by the site owner fixed that.

sallyanne: How did you install WPMU? Check that all the files are owned by the site owner. If you don't know how to do this, ask your web host.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

All I know is people have had issues with it, it's nor working for everyone, and there's been updates to it in trac.

5. PerS
    Posted 15 years ago #

This plugin might help: http://yoast.com/fix-automatic-plugin-update/

Install it in mu-plugins

About this Topic