The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Nothings configurable in the admin panel without an error occuring (10 posts)

1. Maedi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi All

I have tried the nightly builds of, 2006-05-18, 2006-05-19 and 05-06-2006, and receive a similar error whenever configuring anything in the admin panel (normal user of admin.

After configuring something, errors very similar to each other appear, the following is one of them:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpmu_delete_blog() (previously declared in /home/sourdoug/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php:6) in /home/sourdoug/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 489

Also, at the bottom of each admin page the following error occurs:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: spawn_pinger() in /home/sourdoug/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-footer.php on line 13

So far the things that do work are posting, creating pages, etc.

Thanks for any help
    Maedi

2. swayze
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi Maedi,
    Many of us our getting a similar error, hopefully a new nightly build will get us back on the rails...

3. Maedi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Great, I actually tried the build 04-30-2006 and this problem was gone. I might stick with that one for now.

4. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, with last nights build it is back to the same thing. I wonder if I can get a copy of the build you have there maedi? Let me if you can shoot it on over to me as I really need.

5. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's because no changes have been made for the last few weeks. Check the changelog to see if it's worth updating to the latest nightly, you'll be able to see if there's been any changes made since the last one.

You can find the changelog here: http://blogs.linux.ie/download/wpmu/Changelog.txt

To download older nightlies, use the following link which is provided by one of the WPMU forum-regulars here: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/nightly-builds.php

6. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

Okay, so it seems someone has uploaded somewhere since the begining of the month, some bad files. I have tried the 4-30 build and it works ... okay.. there are some issues with the change template from the site admin section. However with the 5-30 build we seem to be getting the old

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpmu_delete_blog() (previously declared in /home/pscblog/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php:6) in /home/pscblog/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 530

again. Where would this error stem from? It seems as the function on line 530 (-) is the same exact function that is in the wpmuedit.php online 6.

I am eager to help, just let me know what you think

7. Baykee
    Posted 17 years ago #

Build 2006-05-30 has same problem too...

8. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah Baykee i noticed. It seems to have happened around the 2006.5.15 release.

9. billdennis5
    Posted 17 years ago #

So, what's the solution, other than unintalling the installation and using an older version?

10. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

In your /wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-db.php file

starting from line # 489 though #526 should be replaced with
    the code in this pastebin http://pastebin.com/757906

see if that works for you.

About this Topic