The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Permalinks Problem (7 posts)

1. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm stumpted. . . . .

I've got one blog out of many for whom the ability to create permalinks seems to have gone away. I cannot figure out what is causing this problem.

Here is the situation: under normal circumstances, you write the title of the post and there is an AJAX action that happens in the edit_slug_box div which throws the permalink in with a button to edit it. I'm not sure where the value of this permalink is being held for the purpose of publishing the post. Regardless, none of this is happening when I write a post on this particular blog.

All plugins are turned off for this blog. Of course, there are /mu-plugins/, but no other blog is being so affected and I can't figure out why this is happening in just one instance. There seem to be no errors in the JavaScript.

Also, when I look at the AJAX responses in FireBug, I notice that in both cases - on blogs that work and on the one that doesn't - I get three replies from admin-ajax.php. In the case of those that work, I get an autosave response, a response containing the new buttons for the permalink and one that seems to update the bb2_screener cookie with a new hash. In the case of the one that doesn't work, I get two autosave responses and the bb2_screener response, but no permalink stuff.

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? I don't see how just one blog can be borked in this way, but here I am.

Much obliged for any assistance you guys can give me.

2. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

Good morning bump. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd be combing the database.

4. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh, I'm a-combin', I'm a combin'. . .

5. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

When you save the post as a draft, do you see the permalink then? If you publish the post can it be accessed via the permalink?

6. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey, Cafespain, thanks for the reply.

No on both counts. When I save it, no permalink comes up and then if I hit "Preview," FF tells me the link is invalid and cannot be loaded.

Thanks for asking! I'd forgotten to put that into my initial post.

7. linkshare
    Posted 14 years ago #

Too bad this post died, because I'm having a similar problem. The permalink is now automatically appearing when I start typing in the post text box ( which auto saves a draft )

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by DragonFlyEye
  • Latest reply from linkshare