The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Ldap Plugin - 2.7 (7 posts)

1. axelseaa
    Posted 15 years ago #

The 2.7 version of the plugin has been released - along with a new project site which will soon have some additional documentation and information about the plugin!

http://wpmuldap.frozenpc.net

2. kingkong954
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is great news! Thank you so much for your work.

3. DeannaS
    Posted 15 years ago #

So, any interest in modifying this plugin to account for AD security groups? Right now I think it relies on OU authentication, but we need to do group auth.

4. axelseaa
    Posted 15 years ago #

right now you can set a base ou - but thats about it. I would like to add group auth, but i'm letting that idea stew because there are a number of things to deal with. Some users want group auth for everything, others what group auth for blog creation only, etc, etc

5. DeannaS
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, it's definitely something we need, as not all our users are in a single OU. So, when you're ready to work on it, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

The other thing that I hacked into your plugin, but not in the best way possible, is the ability to send an explanatory message in place of the password in the notify new user function. Without it, the user doesn't get a notification at all. Unfortunately, the way I did it, the site admins end up getting duplicate notifications. So, I obviously haven't found the exact right place to do it. If I find it, I'll let you know.

6. GeoffreyKOBrien
    Posted 15 years ago #

So here's a question. How do we convert local users to ldap users? Is there something in the database that needs to be updated? Thanks.

7. axelseaa
    Posted 15 years ago #

each user has a usermeta value - ldap_login - this would need to be updated. someone submitted a patch for this just a couple days ago - i have not had time to look at it - but it is listed on the SF site.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by axelseaa
  • Latest reply from axelseaa