The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

edublogs - free education blogs (8 posts)

1. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

As you might have guessed I've got a number of different projects on the go with WPMU...

Here's one that's ready for feedback though, of which it could do with a fair bit :o)

Edublogs - free education blogs

Some of the things I'd like to do to the front end are:

-include names rather than URLS (inadequate php skill to figure this out)
    -introduce a 'random blog' element
    -intoduce a newsletter / something to subscribe to (not that worried about that at the moment as I have the email all users option)

Otherwise I'd love to know what people think... stepping out of my little cocoon!

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

Nice front page! I need to do something similar.
    Perhaps hits to the front page should go to another script altogether with a proper welcome message, registration form and stats like you have.

3. AndWat
    Posted 18 years ago #

222 edublogs already! Congrats James!

4. ramshacklejones
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

just a quick design bug note...
    when I view edublogs.com in mozilla firefox with normal font-size, the "posts" column on the right appears cut off

my suggestion:
    style.css:
    #sidebar {width: 250px;}
    #create{padding-left: 20px;} (to maintain centering)

otherwise excellent!

5. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Much appreciated... need all the help I can get when it comes to web design :)

6. bazcewel
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi Farms,

What version of the software did you use to do this? I've downloaded the stable which I love but I need the themes and I can't get the latest unstable to work for me. Then again I want the blogs in subdirectories rather than subdomains so maybe I'm going to have to look closer at the code.
    Anyway the site is fantastic and I'm using it as an example of why we should go with muwp.

Cheers.

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

bazcewel - if you can patch wp-settings.php and wpmu-settings.php, and createBlog() in wpmu-functions.php so that directories work again I'd love to see a patch.
    I don't have time to devote to fixing it right now and I'm going to enable virtual servers by default. (set VHOSTS to 'no' in wp-config.php if you want to disable it manually!)

8. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Unstable 3.08 I think...

Glad you like it... 320 odd today!

About this Topic