The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Single Major Blog gets posts from others?? (10 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay First Thing, not really an issue but a need to know?

I have a main Blog-Footballnationblogs.com, i need it to get all the posts of the other 32 NFl blogs underneath it in full post content with a link at the bottom to each article to be posted on this main Blog?.

I tried the tags program and i could not get it to work whatsoever, does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could achieve this??

2. DeannaS
    Posted 15 years ago #

You need Donncha's sitewide tags plugin. It won't, however, pull in existing stuff - just new stuff. To get your existing stuff, you're going to have to write a script to pull it all in once.

3. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Deanna i tried sitewide tags last night, but it did not work, no control panel or a way to configure it at all to my already created main blog.

Used the newest version of sitewide tags also, tried 4 times same results, no config page or control to plugin??

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"no control panel or a way to configure it at all to my already created main blog."

Sure there is. Look uner the Sit Admin OPtions menu. There's a menu item there at the bottom that shows up. There's also a checkbox. Click it. *presto* you get more options for it.

5. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah then it asks to make sure your posts are looped in theme????

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Remember to to add a post loop to home.php in the theme directory if it exists."

If you are using a regular WP theme, ignore this.

If you are using a theme that has a home.php file in it, all that says it to make sure there's a spot that, you know, actually shows the posts somewhere.

Did you try it and see what happens?

7. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

I didnt Andrea because i dont want it to create another blog, also photos are a problem with my themes, i havent configured post thumb yet for this main blog only for sub blogs.
    Take a look and let me know what you think , it does have a home.php file also, not a wordpress theme but by style wordpress?

http://footballnationblogs.com- Main Blog

Also can sitewide tags configure to save posts as draft, i didnt see this option, thank in advance!!

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"not a wordpress theme but by style wordpress?"

It's still a wordpress theme - as in a theme *for wordpress*. Don't care who made it. ;)

No, there's no setting for that.

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

maybe you should try and use an aggregator pluygin instead of the sitewide tags plugin? just a thought...

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeha, FeedWordPress you can set them to draft.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from andrea_r