The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to clean up old registrations (9 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi there,

just discovered that in my wp_registration_log and wp_signup tables there are hundreds of people/email addresses left over from spammers and so on and so forth.

whats the easiest way to clean it up?

would there maybe be a code for the powertools plugin to delete all that don't actually have an active blog/user at the moment?

2. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

This Plugin will take care of everything deleted spam, users deleted, deleted blogs and posts, just about everything you need it to do it can do!!

http://plugins.paidtoblog.com/wpmu-power-tools/

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

nope it doesn't clean the tables I mentioned, at least not on my installation.

4. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just go into database and delete the file on your server if you know how to do this?

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

well its not a file, its a table, and yes, I can clean it out manually, but I wouldn't want to delete existing and active users, and I don't want to manually check a 400 entries list for 12 active users and delete all others...

that is why I was asking for a code to use powertools and do it automatically?

6. kunal17
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do you mean records for people who register but do not activate? Does WPMU not handle this automatically? i.e. users that do not activate through the email are deleted automatically after 2/3 days?

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

well, my wp_registration_log is pretty full

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Going to make me log into a server. I thought I was going to get away with not doing so this morning.... :)

wp_signups is the one that gets emptied after 48 hours.

I would leave wp_r_log alone to be honest as that is a record of where folks are signing up from. We use it to check against known spammers to see if they;ve signed up any other accounts.

9. kunal17
    Posted 14 years ago #

wp-signups does not seem to clean out activated emails even after I delete the users. Therefore, I am unable to reuse email addresses for test users unless I go in and manually clean them out. What can I do to fix this?

About this Topic