The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Fatal Error on upgrading (8 posts)

1. hbarquero
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade to the last versions of MU, and after uploading all the new files and chanched files I'm getting this erros:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sousol/public_html/wp-inst/wpmu-settings.php on line 17

I'm already look up the code but I'm still no seing where is the problem.

Can anyone help?

2. Mariwal
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had the same error... :(

3. Delbert
    Posted 17 years ago #

Me too, only my install complains about line 18. Anyone got a fix for this?

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in <blah>/httpdocs/wpmu-settings.php on line 18

4. Delbert
    Posted 17 years ago #

A few more details - sorry for my previous brevity. The stress of upgrading - forgive me.

Upgrading (very gingerly) from what I think is r534 to the latest download (tonight). Following Farms' advice here and the manual here I trod very carefully and backed everything up in triplicate (thank goodness). On restarting apache and checking the site I got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in <blah>/httpdocs/wpmu-settings.php on line 18.

I tried it all again but it failed in the same way.

I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    DJ

5. billdennis5
    Posted 16 years ago #

Apparentl, not since I've got the same problem, and I cannot get anyone to answer my question about the very same thing.

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

If I don't know the answer, would you like me to lie?

7. billdennis5
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, this is NOT good news. I'm thinking that if an upgrade from my very old version to the most recent won't work, would an upgrade to WPmu 1.0 work? I really want to upgrade, as there are many good features in the new versions.

8. billdennis5
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually, my forum entry is here, with all the background.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by hbarquero
  • Latest reply from billdennis5