The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU LDAP 2.7 - Installation? (6 posts)

1. frankejj
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,

I am trying to setup a blog site for corporate internal usage. I have installed and configured the following:

Apache 2.2.8 w/ mod_SSL 2.2.8
    PHP 5.2.5
    MySQL DB
    Win32 platform
    WordPress Mu 2.7
    WPMU LDAP Plugin 2.7

I have read all docs and every post I could find but can't seem to get it to work. I feel like I am missing something completely stupid. When I call ldap_auth.php I get many Fatal Errors: "Call to undefined function" and can't seem to get anywhere.

Am I totally missing something? Do I need to include this somewhere or use this code to modify the existing home page or something?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

2. axelseaa
    Posted 15 years ago #

The ldap plugin must be installed into the mu-plugins folder root - is that where you have it?

3. frankejj
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,

Yes, I have it in the root of mu-plugins. I did configure it and enable it in the options of site-admin. Then called /wp-content/mu-plugins/ldap_auth.php

I then get "Fatal Error: Call to undefined function add_filter() ... wpmu_ldap_admin.functions.php ... Line 449"

I defined the add_filter function in this code and subsequently had similar problems with ldap_auth.php add_action() function. I kept defining the functions until I got a different error with a call to the cache module. At this point, I gave up just guessing I am doing something totally wrong.

Best Regards,
    John

4. frankejj
    Posted 15 years ago #

UPDATE:

I decided to start from scratch. (previous platform was based on xampp distribution)

I now went with minimalist approach:
    Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)
    mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i
    PHP/5.2.9-1 - with LDAP support
    MySQL DB
    Wordpress Mu 2.7
    WPMU LDAP rev.71 (most recent trunk)

I am getting close now - no more function undefined code errors. (suspect it was related to php config)

The error that I have now is when I try to login. "ERROR: Unknown error in LDAP Authentication"

I think it is perhaps related to the Base and User DN defined in the connection parameters. (Additionally, the connection test fails)
    I have tried many different combinations of CN,OU,DC formatted paths and can't seem to get it to work.

Could you provide some details on what I can check here or possibly how to troubleshoot this a bit further?

Thanks,
    John

5. frankejj
    Posted 15 years ago #

Update:

It is working. The problem was that in the LDAP the user I was trying to bind with had a CN of "Lastname, Firstname"

I could not get this to bind at all. Using an LDAP browser that can show the full object DN is very helpful if you are having a problem with binding.

I switched to a CN that was just a single name and it worked!
    Also, I had to define the full DN for the user.

Thanks for this plugin - it is great.

Best Regards,
    John

6. gladsteins
    Posted 14 years ago #

just installed latest version of MY Ldap on test server
    seems to have gone ok
    however when I try to log in with AD user account all I get is a blank page /wp-login.php
    any ideas

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by frankejj
  • Latest reply from gladsteins