The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Dashboard links all directing to Profile (8 posts)

1. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I have had this happen quite a few times. I am logged in as admin on my main blog. I click "Blogs" on my dashboard and go to the Backend of one of the other blogs. (In many cases it is another of my own blogs.) When the backend loads it goes to the Your Profile page. Then when I go to click on something in say the Settings menu list it directs me to the your Profile page.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Thanks for any help.

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any profile-related plugins active? Something like extra profile fields, etc?

3. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nope, doesnt look like. Although wouldnt an avatar one be somewhat related? If so it seems one Avatar plugin i have is suddenly working.

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

So, no active plugins, no modifications to core files?
    Got BuddyPress?

5. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

No BuddyPress.

There are some core files that I have changed, but not for at least a couple days.

The most recent was adding in a textarea box and checkbox for a Terms of Service on the registration page. I have had at least 3 registrations since then.

The posting page was edited a bit too. Deleted things like the excerpt field, and custom fields area.

I also took the Sociable plugin and adjusted it a bit. Just deleting options I do not want available. Nothing major.

6. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

It seems it is only 5 out of 19 sites. Two of those sites have had posts made to them in the past 6 hours. Both by trusted personal friends. It also seems that "Comments are turned off" for the same blogs.

7. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, comments problem is fixed.

Now all I need to do is figure out why 4 blogs send me to the profile page whenever I click the majority of the buttons on the dashboard list.

8. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

So, this has been happening since I upgraded to 2.7.1. Now does anyone have nay thoughts about it being related to the upgrade?

I ask now because my users also could not log in since the upgrade. So I search and found the post about having to add define Cookies back into the config file.

Thanks for any help.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by worldblogosphere
  • Latest reply from worldblogosphere