The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Registering on main blog returns server error 500 (15 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey everyone, on my main blog i get a server error 500 when anybody registers for blog which is enabled registration only, it still creates the user in the backend but after they press the button "register" it gives them this 500 server error?

SITE-HTTP://FOOTBALLNATIONBLOGS.COM

linux 5.0
    Wordpress - 2.7

any other information needed let me know thanks in advance!

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can be something wrong in .htaccess file.
    Does error log show something?

3. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Error log shows nothing and htaccess file is fine because all other blogs are fine, only the main blog?

4. Frumph
    Posted 15 years ago #

Think your looking at the wrong error logs, find the PHP error logs and look at those.

If you do not have an error log for this find your php setup file and chnage error_reporting to be

error_reporting = E_ALL

that will give you *all* errors in your error log for php

5. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Like i said before logs are empty, all other blogs have no problem only the main blog?

6. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

However, here: http://footballnationblogs.com/wp-signup.php I can signup w/o problems.

I guess, the problem is with your custom register form at http://footballnationblogs.com/wp-login.php?action=register
    It's because WPMU does not have action 'register' AFAIK :)

7. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

That is customize your community Plugin "CYC"

And it works fine on other Blogs with action=register!

What else could it be, i want to keep customized registration and login pages?

8. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anybody else have any ideas on why registration does not work for 1 blog?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Check the options page, see if they've allowed users to register.

10. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes Andrea only user account can be created is checked for all Blogs?

Still dont know what is going on, only on the main blog does it give server error 500, but it will still create the user in the backend for the error, in other words it will still create the user!

Any other ideas folks?

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No.

On a *blog by blog * basis there's a blog option, within that blog (not under site admin) that says "allow users to register". Under Settings.

12. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have checked every single tab on the particular blog im having issues with Andrea, Under the settings tab and there is no option to allow or disallow registrations anywhere under the settings Tab,(General, Writing, Reading, Discussion Then All Plugins?)

13. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there any registration-related options of CYC plugin?

14. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

There isnt except the three boxes to call for code (After header is loaded, before sidebar is loaded, After sidebar is loaded, to display certain aspects on registration login pages, cannot figure out why only one blog is actually showing server error 500?

15. seahawknationblog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay i found out the solution!

When i went to settings under Blog i noticed there was no default address designated for the Blog, i tried and tried to put one in, when i pressed save email box would go blank?
    So i went to site admin tab, then blogs, Then edit on particular blog, then manually filled in Blog email and clicked save!
    Then went back to general settings to see if it was saved, and default blog email was saved!
    Then registered 3 times perfectly fine, it was timing out because it did not know where to send email for new user registrations??
    Hence works perfectly fine now!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from seahawknationblog