The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

looking for advice regarding mu and buddypress (4 posts)

1. dawebmastr
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I am trying to create an online community using mu and buddy because I am a huge wordpress fan. I only used the regular wordpress but now want to try mu and buddypress to create an online community for users but this is what I wanted to know. Instead of the homepage looking like an online community site is there a way too keep it looking as if it was a single wordpress site without a whole lot of modifications? I just want to be able to create pages about my company sub pages such as if i was using regular wordpress but when users sign up offer the online community experience if that make sense. I would also like for the users to be able to add audio and video if possible what plugins do you recommend? Also I was thinking about bridging the site with a thirdparty forum so it would have a really advance forum environment. SMF or phpbb i was thinking not sure yet

can I get feedback and thoughts
    and links to help me if possible
    Thank you for taking your time to read this post
    have a wonderful day...
    - Joseph

2. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

You can use any wp theme you want on the main wpmu blog. bp doesn't care.

3. dawebmastr
    Posted 15 years ago #

i wasn't similar with buddypress as I only used the regular wordpress but thanks and yeah I'm learning a lot from reading around the forum probably should have done so before i made this post because all my questions are being answered as i browse around.

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Set up WPMU and BP on your PC and look around :)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by dawebmastr
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker