The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Using wpmu user table on other wordpress installs? (5 posts)

1. takuya
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have a content submission blog running on wordpress 2.7. The reason I didn't use wpmu from the first is there're plugins yet not compatible with wpmu 2.7

I'd also like to have a community, so I'm thinking to use buddypress.

What I'm dreaming here, is my buddypress users can also login to another wordpress installation, hopefully with cookie support, so users kept logged in among different wordpress installations.

The buddypress site will be on example.com (parent)
    and other sites are (children) site1.example.net, site2.example.net

Whoever logged in to example.com can use children sites, using wp_users from the parent.

I really don't mind paying this, but either I post this on some coder site or not, I thought I should know the proper method in order to outsource effectively.

So, do you think is this possible?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"The reason I didn't use wpmu from the first is there're plugins yet not compatible with wpmu 2.7"

Do you know which ones they are? It might be better to get the plugins that you need to work with MU, than to try and do the setup you're describing.

3. takuya
    Posted 15 years ago #

Last time I used, before version 2.7, maintenance mode caused site to work so slow. Also since mu doesn't support easy update of plugins, it's easier to use seperate installs.

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Also since mu doesn't support easy update of plugins

In fact, it does :)

maintenance mode caused site to work so slow

What maintenance mode?

5. takuya
    Posted 15 years ago #

maintenance mode, the plugin.

About this Topic