The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Admin dashboard to moderate comments/trackback on all blogs (8 posts)

1. TTjip
    Posted 15 years ago #

I know I've seen this asked before but cannot find the post anymore.

Is there a way to have the admin dashboard (the main one) display all blogs recent comments, trackbacks, and pingbacks so I can moderate it (Approve, Delete, etc)?

Thanks

2. Ipstenu
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm looking for this too. Anyone? :)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Good idea for a plugin. :)

4. Ipstenu
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at wp-admin/my-sites.php (I'm on WP 3.0-alpha), this is the section I'd want to 'plugin' to.

foreach ( $rows as $row ) {
    		$c = $c == "alternate" ? '' : 'alternate';
    		echo "<tr class='$c'>";
    		$t = '';
    		foreach ( $row as $user_blog ) {
    			$t = $t == 'border-right: 1px solid #ccc;' ? '' : 'border-right: 1px solid #ccc;';
    			echo "<td valign='top' style='$t; width:50%'>";
    			echo "<h3>{$user_blog->blogname}</h3>";
    			echo "<p>" . apply_filters( "myblogs_blog_actions", "<a href='{$user_blog->siteurl}'>" . __( 'Visit' ) . "</a> | <a href='{$user_blog->siteurl}/wp-admin/'>" . __( 'Dashboard' ) . "</a>", $user_blog ) . "</p>";
    			echo apply_filters( 'myblogs_options', '', $user_blog );
    			echo "</td>";
    		}
    		echo "</tr>";
    	}

I could add this right after the closing </a> for the dashboard link, but I don't want to edit core! ;)
    | <a href='{$user_blog->siteurl}/wp-admin/ms-options.php'>" . __( 'Options' ) . "</a>

Now I know that;s not what I wanted, but that's step one ;) This level of plugin's outside my depth right now so I have to start smaller!

Anyone have an example of how something similar (customizing an admin screen) is done so I can extrapolate and blow things up? ;)

After that, I have to sort out how WP pulls the whole pending comments text-balloon and how to punt that over...

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd be tempted to code the whole thing up as a plugin with its own menu and that way you're never editing core,

6. Ipstenu
    Posted 14 years ago #

As I said:

but I don't want to edit core! ;)

That was sort of idea one.

Idea two would be a network 'link' that goes to an 'all comments' page.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Could get intense on a site with a large number of blogs, but on one where they are all yours? yeah it'd be handy.

I'd also do a completely separate menu.

8. patchygreen
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am in the same boat so to speak.

I have about 10 blogs running on WPMU and a requirement for a centralised moderation plugin for comments.

Wondering if you guys have progressed this, or can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?

Many thanks.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by TTjip
  • Latest reply from patchygreen