The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

one plugin for every site (8 posts)

1. markmansour
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got some functionality that I'm writing as a plugin that I'd like to setup to work over all sites (such as rude word filtering and integration with a web service) and I'd like to configure and set it up once and have all sites (*.mywordpressinstall.com) use this plugin. Is there a way to do this? If not, are there any plans to do this?

Thanks

Mark

2. markmansour
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just found mu-plugins...

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah, that'd be it. :) And when you're done this plugin, you'll come back here and let us know, right? :D

4. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

So I just moved plugins/mightyadsense to mu-plugins - instead of it showing on all blogs it now does not show at all.

I can't see anything under site-admin to show site-wide-plugins.

Clues appreciated... thx.

5. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

mightyadsense don't work in mu-plugins!! I'm guessing you want your own adsense code on the users blogs!! i'm still loking for a neat solution for this.

My current approach is to 'market' my site as a blogger friendly site so i'm not putting any ads on their blogs. I am however in need of doing two things related to ads!
    - Putting a small/tiny little add on all blogs (could be based on blog description or title or something) and;
    - Putting my ads on the users blog feeds (along with copyright notices)
    The rest I want to leave to the bloggers... they do the work so they should get most of the credits!!

Any ideas how to solve this?

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

- Putting a small/tiny little add on all blogs (could be based on blog description or title or something)

You're going to wind up doing a lot of manual work that way. That's what I do with my clients who have CJ accounts thru me. It's a pain to start. Payoff ain't bad though...

- Putting my ads on the users blog feeds (along with copyright notices)

What about that feed copyright plugin? Could you add in text to that?

A text link ad program might work as well.

7. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

text ads are perfect for me... just a single, non intrusive ad. I'll check out one of the feed copyright plugins.. great idea.. keep ya posted!

8. Lal
    Posted 17 years ago #

easy... insert it (your codes) in your activated themes. =))

About this Topic