The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Single Login for Clients (3 posts)

1. Jaace
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm not sure if this functionality has a specific name and so if this has been posted already, please just direct me there :-).

I'm looking for a way to make a login form that will point to a specific "blog" based upon the username/password. I do not need to worry about overlap with names.

I'm setting up a client area for specific projects and would love to make it easier for a client to login to see their information via a login panel on the main site rather than go to http://foobar/clienta... for example. Does a plug-in exist that covers this? I could even just implement PHP or JavaScript but I don't know what to call this functionality. My google searches have been fruitless.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

2. Jaace
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm... So I guess I should explain further and check certain things before posting.

1. I've installed the "More Privacy Options" plug-in on my WordPress MU install so that only certain peeps can view a specific blog (those who are registered users).

2. I just noticed now that I can go to my main wordpress mu /wp-login page and enter the specific user's creds and it will forward automatically to the back-end of that blog...so that's almost what I want it to do.

So now my question is: Can I make this instead of forwarding to the back-end just go to the actual blog itself? Maybe that's dangerous...but I would like to know if it is possible.

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Jaace
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker