The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Wordpress MU - need reviews (11 posts)

1. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello! I'm now done with my Wordpress hosting, Blog-In! and i'm excited to launch the Final1.0 version, after a long time of beta testing and after a lot of bugs beeing fixed.
    Blog-In! features special features, such as 5GB space, great promotion tools, 36hours or less Google indexed (see http://help.blog-in.ws/2009/03/29/promoting-your-blog/ for more info) and also, it includes a social network, with advenced features and services. You may create up to Unlimited blogs.

Please give me reviews and ideas, also please report any bug that you find.
    Website location: http://blog-in.ws

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well I went there and looked around and some of the pages took a while to load. I did notice that you claim that you "optimized it’s code for a page generation of 0.4~0.6 seconds". The page that statement is on took 0.987 seconds.

Its not a big thing but if you are going to make performance claims like that then on a lightly loaded site with WP-SuperCache installed (how ever you modified it) you really should be hitting those targets and not already exceeding them by about 100%.

As I said, its not a big thing but if people think your blogs are slow and you've posted that then expect to get negative comments about it.

Apart from that it doesn't look that bad, but does it offer me anything that any other WPMU site doesn't?

Oh, and is BuddyPress stable enough to go "commercial"?

3. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks for the comment! sorry for that load time, but on our testing "grounds" the website took the interval posted, either we wouldn't post that.
    P.S:buddypress is rc (stable enough)

4. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

and thanks again for the bug post! i saw that one of my multiple plugins is slowing down the server ggeneration time

5. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

and also, there is a catch: the generation time is decresed by 2-3 times after the page first load ( a custom db query cache plugin). I'm not talking about the load in wp supercache, but at the page full regeneraton(let's say after a new comment), after first view.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Oh, and is BuddyPress stable enough to go "commercial"? "

It already has on other sites.

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

You may want to remove the adverts on your home page/ blog #1. You're trying to bring in users, not send them away. You may want to give this a read:

http://wpmututorials.com/ideas/whats-on-your-front-page/

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

I only asked that andrea_r because of the number of problems we seem to get people posting here which are buddypress related. But I see that they are at RC1 now so....

Mind you I just tried BuddyPress and it insists that my IP address (192.168.0.56) is listed in spamhaus. Hmmmmmmm I think not ;-)

9. nasis
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks for the answers and tdjcbe you gave me a great tip. I removed my front ad

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I only asked that andrea_r because of the number of problems we seem to get people posting here which are buddypress related."

And they have an issue where people are posting mu-specific questions over there. :D

It'll always happen I think.

11. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm sure it will andrea_r, and I found the source of my error, it was another plugin that BP obviously upsets somehow, and actually it was one I didn't really need any more.

About this Topic