The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

paginate users in edit blog page (5 posts)

1. maxaud
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm having an issue when I try to edit the main blog via the 'edit' button next to it under 'site admin > blogs'

I currently have over 18,000 members of the main blog and it takes forever to load and IE/FF end up timing out after a while.

How would I go about fixing this issue?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

[Never mind. Was thinking something else.]

I'd raise the issue on trac.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

3. maxaud
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any help would still be appreciated, but ticket has been added referring back to this post:
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/940

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please actually fill out that ticket.

If you;re talking about the Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Blogs -> Edit Blog -> The Blog User list along the right hand side, for the time being best bet would probably be just to remove that portion of the code. Open up /wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php for editing, do a search for Blog Users and remove the code starting from there until you hit the bit about New Blog User.

Haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I was thinking about a previous ticket where on Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Blogs, it only listed (I believe) the last 10 users although I can't find that ticket right off.

Hope this helps

5. Frumph
    Posted 15 years ago #

maxaud: in wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php remove lines 179 to 280 from <td valign="top"> to </td> remove that entire column:

remove the edit theme, users and add users portion and that table column

it will make your loading of that page a heck of alot faster, and the functionality of the themes / users / add users is already available with the appearance and users section of the wp-admin so it's really not needed there to begin with.

About this Topic