The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

accidentaly deleted Home Page in Edit Pages (10 posts)

1. chriscosta
    Posted 14 years ago #

If anyone could help i would appreciate.I have MU 2.7 installed running on Cpanel with wildcard set. I set up a new theme with a few pages then decided on another theme. The new theme I set it up with two side bars and the categories and pages showed up on both sidebars. Then as I was trying to delete everything I accidentaly deleted Home frome within admin panel and now have no clue as to how to get it back. It show on the Theme Page but is blank and nothing happens when I click on it. If I am in the wrong forum please point me somewhere where I can get some help

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got database backup?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I accidentaly deleted Home frome within admin panel and now have no clue as to how to get it back. It show on the Theme Page but is blank and nothing happens when I click on it."

Did you delete a *Page* called Home from under Pages -> Edit, or did you delete a *theme file* called home.php from the theme folder?

Neither one of those require a db backup.

4. chriscosta
    Posted 14 years ago #

I deleted a " Page " called Home from under Pages-Edit

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Then make a new one and put the text in the you had before. :)

I'm also guessing under the Settings menu you have "set static page" pointing to this page. You could also disable that.

6. chriscosta
    Posted 14 years ago #

I make a new one and then I have 2 Home pages show up. Yes I do have "set static page" set up. I have turned it off but still have same issue. I am missing something simple but I for the life of me am not getting something. I am hoping I do not have to re install MU

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got a link?

8. chriscosta
    Posted 14 years ago #

delosgreece.com

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

10. chriscosta
    Posted 14 years ago #

No I mean when you click on Home what shows up is this

"Not Found
    Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."

In the admin panel I cannot find Home page anywhere to post anything. I went on a delete rampage (through admin panel only) and the home page that was there that said "Helo World " which is the default at instalation disappeared.

I have created other pages but again through admin I cannot find Home Page. Also I need to set up the static page setting and when I do that when you click home nothing happens, its like a dea link that shows up but no action.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by chriscosta
  • Latest reply from chriscosta