The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Installation Error + eMail sending Error (17 posts)

1. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I try to install WP MU on my server (Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.0, PHP5, MySQL 5) I get the following error :

PHP Notice: Constant DB_NAME already defined in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mu\wp-config.php on line 21

PHP Notice: Constant DB_USER already defined in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mu\wp-config.php on line 24

PHP Notice: Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mu\wp-config.php on line 27

PHP Notice: Constant DB_HOST already defined in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mu\wp-config.php on line 30

PHP Notice: Constant VHOST already defined in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mu\wp-config.php on line 37

WordPress database error Table 'reseau.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'localhost.test' AND path = '/mu/' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once

WordPress database error Table 'reseau.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once

WordPress database error Table 'reseau.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once

My site look up and running but I was still wondering if these errors might cause problems in a close future.

Also, I'm trying to send myself the password to connect to my WP MU but I get the following error :

The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

How in the world can I fix this?

Thanks a lot!

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please walk us through what specifically you did to install mu. Looks like you may have edited the wp-config.php file manually. If so, take a few minutes and review the readme file included with the download, delete the wp-config.php file that you created as well as any databases that were created, and try the install again.

As to the email problem, you appear to have copied and pasted the answer:

your host may have disabled the mail() function...

Please get with your host to fix that.

3. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

For the installation, I did nothing complicated :

Ran localhost.test/mu (redirection that I created), created a DB called 'reseau' installed using the following settings :

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define('DB_NAME', 'reseau');

/** MySQL database username */
    define('DB_USER', 'root');

/** MySQL database password */
    define('DB_PASSWORD', '');

/** MySQL hostname */
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

(copy paste of my config file but I never edited manually this file)

then I got the error...

For the email problem, the funny thing is that I am the host and I don't have a clue on how to do this, anyone have an idea?

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

copy paste of my config file but I never edited manually this file

That's the problem. (And, yes, that's manually editing the file. You made changes to it.) You don't edit the file. Please delete the wp-config.php file you created, make sure the wp-config-sample.php still exists and no changes have been made to the file, review the readme file included with the download, delete any databases that were created and please try the install again.

As to the mail issue, it would be helpful if you mention the hosting platform you;re on, if any, as well as the specific OS that's on the server.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

As to the mail concern, try the discussion in this thread:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=191543

Googleing may pull up something as well.

6. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

The thing is, before I opened the config file, I never did it before. The files were are completely virgin, never touched any files, I just tried the installation in the browser and thats all.

7. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks a lot for your help by the way, if anyone else has an idea on how to solve the problem, don't hesitate!

8. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anyone? :)

9. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please?

10. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

So, you are trying to solve a problem with dupes in config, or with emails?

11. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Both! My site look like it's working but I don't have a clue what my password is and I can't send it to my email with the forgotten password function and I'd also like to know what went wrong during my installation and why I got the errors written in my first post.

12. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are there any other WP installs on the same box?

13. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

No

14. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

The DB is totally virgin, the server Windows Server 2k8, IIS7 is brand new

15. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Email problem is cleared, was a network problem.

16. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Now that I can connect, I'm testing functions of MU, I can login to admin, create posts, I can't comment, can't go on about pages, etc.. What would you do?

17. JMLebeau
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I found out it was because of the URL rewriting function with IIS. I'm gonna find a way to fix this.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by JMLebeau
  • Latest reply from JMLebeau