The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Disk Crashed, moving WPMU to new drive (2 posts)

1. oregondean
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi All,

I upgraded to WPMU 2.7 over the weekend (Mac Server 10.5.6 Leopard). Since then the hard disk containing my WP MySQL database crashed. I backed up using the commands here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Backup_WPMU but have come to find the file was essentially empty.

I have a Time Machine backup that has all of the data files. I copied the files from TM to a new drive but can't quite get MySQL to see the database.

MySQL didn't want to start pointing to the top level folder, which contained my WP folder. Missing an invisible index file "./mysql-bin.index", which doesn't exist in the second level mysql folder either according to a "ls -l" command in the terminal - kind of weird. I will manually import the files one by one if I have to (and you can tell me how) but would prefer the catch all method, whatever that is.

File Structure

mysql folder
      mysql folder (this is where I had to set the database source in Server Admin to get MySQL to start)
    mysql-bin.000001
      mysql-bin.000032
      mysql-bin.index
      server-darcee.org.err
      server-darcee.org.pid
      test           folder
      wordpress      folder
        db.opt
        wp_1_comments.frm
        wp_1_ ... 32 more tables
        repeat for all of the blogs

What do I do to get these files into MySQL? I can manually create a database in MySQL - how do I import these into their respective tables.

Thanks for your help!

Dean

2. oregondean
    Posted 15 years ago #

Still tinkering ... I found the original WP data from a year ago in /var/mysql/ It showed a dozen or so blogs (frozen in time). I stopped mysql, copied the current WP folder over that old folder, restarted mysql and the files all show in phpmyadmin.

But getting an error: "Could Not Find Blog!
    Searched for ert.mldfamily.org/ in wordpress::wp_blogs table. Is that right?" error.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by oregondean
  • Latest reply from oregondean