The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Admin blog broken links (5 posts)

1. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

So, i've installed WPMU for the eh, 5th time now, and have fixed a few errors, but the one I keep getting, and this is using the 2006_5_29 build, on the initial blog, the admin blog, all of my links respond with the following:

Fatal Error
    Could Not Find Blog!
    Searched for blog.pscgaming.com/ in pscblog_blog::wp_blogs table. Is that right?
    Please check that your database contains the following tables:

* wp_blogs
    * wp_users
    * wp_usermeta
    * wp_site
    * wp_sitemeta
    * wp_sitecategories

If you suspect a problem please report it to support forums!

However, if i create a new blog at blog.pscgaming.com/test1 then it works fine, and all the links are in working order.

Any ideas?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can't have an admin blog as you're not using the VHost option. I believe it says that on the index.php page when you view the main page of the site.

3. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't remember it saying that, and after looking through the index.php file again it does not say that with the non-vhost option you will not be able to have a root blog.

4. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm thinking more and more it is a .htaccess error, surly a dev guy is out there. I wish i could do more but no one is actually on typically... I'm not big in .htaccess so let me know.

5. KKWangen
    Posted 17 years ago #

The message is in home.php in the default home theme.

"As you are not using virtual hosts, it is not possible to post anything to this primary blog because the URLs of your posts could potentially conflict with weblogs living at this site"

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by pscblog
  • Latest reply from KKWangen