The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

plugins installation in wordpress MU (7 posts)

1. surferbloggy
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi! I tried for the first time to install plugins to wordpress MU, I transfered them by ftp in the pluging directory and in the MU plugin directory but I can't manage them to activate them, becouse it says:

Manage Plugins

Plugins extend and expand the functionality of WordPress. Once a plugin is installed, you may activate it or deactivate it here.

You do not appear to have any plugins available at this time.

why?? what can I do to manage my plugins?? thank you

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Where did you upload them? In what dir?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And what plugins did you upload?

Also, if you put some in mu-plugins, they currently do not show under the Plugins menu.

4. surferbloggy
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've put all in one seo pack, simple tags, sociable, wp-mu-domain-mapping, woopra, statpress, simplepie, seo image, yet-another-related-post..., how can I manage them?? Is it wrong to put them into MU plugins directory, otherwise I can't see them the same. can you help me?

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

ahhhh!
    this has been discussed hundreds of times!
    Plugins which reside in a subfolder don't work inside mu-plugins without modifications.
    just copy them all into the plugins folder and they will work.
    you might also consider looking at plugin commander to restrict access to plugins.

if you put plugins into mu-plugins folder they are automatically active for all blogs. means also being loaded with every page of your blogs. don't put too many in there.

do your homework before asking these basic questions.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And coming soon in the core is sitewide activation for regular plugins.

*thankyousomuch*

7. johnh23
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've only recently installed wpmu. I have it set up locally using MAMP. Getting to know it. Compared to WP, the plugins management seems to be quite klunky. Sitewide activation for regular plugins would be a very exciting development.
    Thank YOU so much.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by surferbloggy
  • Latest reply from johnh23