The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No Signup Link (8 posts)

1. garydelaney
    Posted 15 years ago #

I recently created a WordPress MU site and I have enabled new registrations in the site admin > options. However, there is no link anywhere in my meta widget or on my login page. Can anyone tell me why?

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Depends on your theme.
    Also, you might be logged in as admin, so signup link won't be shown to you.

3. garydelaney
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am using Quadruple Blue 1.0 by Small Potato theme, and even when I log out there is no way to register. Check it out. My site is http://www.adverblogs.net

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Because standard WP themes don't contain any links to the WPMU signup page, which is different than the register page in WP.

If you want a spot for users to sign up, you'll have to add it.
    If you want it in the sidebar, just use a text widget.

5. garydelaney
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks. I guess that is what I'll have to do. You guys are great!

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you want to get fancy, the meta widget contains the wp_meta hook. If you want, you could write a small plugin to use that hook to display a signup or get a blog link there.

One suggestion though: Create the link so that it goes to a landing page which describes your site and then gives them a link to signup. Don't drop them straight into the signup form. If you do that, many folks will have no idea what they're doing or where they are.

7. garydelaney
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried to use the ajax++ login widget, which has a register link, but it doesn't work. When I tested it it gave me a message that registration is disabled, but I have new registrations enabled. I can't figure it out. I asked the author to upgrade the plugin so it will work for wpmu, but he is unresponsive. Maybe someone here could help me with that. I am new to writing code and don't understand the code in this widget.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

the register link is for a *single blog*, not for the signup page.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by garydelaney
  • Latest reply from andrea_r