The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Changing Language from English to Macedonian (5 posts)

1. ErvoBond
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello.
    I have installed WP MU 2.7 version and everything is okay.
    I'm trying for few days to change the language but i can't.
    I'm trying to change the default language English to Macedonian but i think there is some problem.
    Uploading the file and everything the same. The official Macedonian pack is not working property with my wordpress 2.7 MU.
    Maybe i'm making some mistakes while uploading and changing..
    Can you help me? Can you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks!

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you add in the define line in your wp-config.php file? You don't mention that you did so that;s probably the issue. Here's a link to the codex that has the instructions:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language

Do remember also that the "offical" package is for Wordpress, not wpmu. It may or may not work. Or even work fully.

3. bikerjeg
    Posted 14 years ago #

@ErvoBond

I was running into similar problems trying to configure my MU installation in Spanish. After some time messing around through the settings I realized that there are actually two settings you need to edit if you want to accomplish a new default language.

First you need to edit the language option found in site admin >> options (yourdomain.com/wp-admin/wpmu-options.php) that should take care of the default setting for newly created blogs I believe

Secondly you need to edit the language option found at settings >> general (yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php) and that handles your current blog settings so that the site will display in whatever language you picked.

Ofcourse you still have to properly install the .mo language file in wp-content/languages and edit wp-config.php with the proper define ('WPLANG', 'language'); call.

Good LUCK!

4. 3den
    Posted 14 years ago #

Great!

5. ajuliano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks @bikerjeg. After following the instructions at http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language it's the right way to do it like you described.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by ErvoBond
  • Latest reply from ajuliano