The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Application for MU WP (7 posts)

1. dmbware
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am not to sure if this App is the correct one for my application but here it goes: I need to create a site and than run sub domains of that site for individual users. Each user will have its own blog, and the content that is on the main page will ripple through all of the other domains. So anytime the owner changes content on the main page all sub domains will get the changes. However each sub domain will have there own blog...

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I need to create a site and than run sub domains of that site for individual users. Each user will have its own blog,"

that's what it does out of the box.

"the content that is on the main page will ripple through all of the other domains"

you'll need a plugin for that (there's a few choices) or some custom code (a better choice).

3. dmbware
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you so much for the information ! The only other thing I am having problems with at this point is when new blogs.

My Domain is Joeblow.com

When new blogs are created they are being created like this:

Dan.joeblow.com

Is this correct or should it be:

joeblow.dan.com

4. dmbware
    Posted 15 years ago #

Also what are the plug ins that are available to copy content over to other domains

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's correct, as the blogs are subdomains of your domain, so yes, they should be like dan.joeblow.com.

look up feedwordpress.

6. dmbware
    Posted 15 years ago #

The problem with dan.joeblow is that every link is broken. They don't work at all

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Then you didn't set it up right.

You need to follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. You need wildcard subdomains in your DNS records as well as in Apache.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by dmbware
  • Latest reply from andrea_r