The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Login Concurrently as Multiple Users? (8 posts)

1. vlm
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just updated from WPMU 2.6.5 to 2.7. Using 2.6.5, I was able to login concurrently as multiple users. This was most helpful. Now, I don't seem to be able to do this. Has this capability been removed, or is there something I need to know and do differently?

Thanks,
    Elchanan

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

AFAIK, you've never been able to do that.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Agreed. Only way I was able to do it was with different browsers running.

4. vlm
    Posted 14 years ago #

Interesting. I really did this in 2.6.5 ... I had someone else online using GoToMeeting, I used this to login as an admin, editor, author, contributor, and subscriber all at the same time. Then we could just switch tabs and get a clear visual impression of what each could do. More informative than reading the Roles documentation, at least for our learning style.

Hmmm ... Donncha???

5. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Interesting -- like tdjcbe, I've only been able to login with different user roles at the same time using different browsers. vlm, you have a secret plugin installed to do this or could GoToMeeting cause this behavior? :-)

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I had someone else online using GoToMeeting

I politely point out that that should have been in your first post. You didn't tell us you were using a third party program to do this.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

GoToMeeting is an online conference tool - yes, that would make a difference.

8. vlm
    Posted 14 years ago #

An online conference tool should have no impact on logging into WordPress (or anything else). When I did this before, I was using GoToMeeting, and when I could not do it today, I was using GoToMeeting. The two are orthogonal, as far as I can imagine. Yes?

About this Topic