The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to reset a certain blog? (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

one of my blogs doesn't work anymore after I upgraded plugins. as I don't know exactly which plugins are active on this blog, how can I reset this blog so it doesn't use any plugins or what can I do?

basically, that blog's front page as well as back end all shows this in the source code:

<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag. Check your theme. -->

could be any plugin conflicting here and this is definitely a plugin inside the plugins folder, but can't find out exactly which one...

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

There's an options field in the db that keeps track of active plugins.

3. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Might be worth having a look at the HTML source of your site front page. At some point it probably crashes out and the page build stops processing.

Look at the last item to be output to the page correctly, and then see if you can work out what plugin would either come next, or what the last plugin was.

Disable the last plugin called on the page and then refresh and see if it still crashes out. if so, then the problem is with the next one (more tricky to find). The context may help - ie. if it stops half way down your sidebar, check the order of your widgets. If it stops after a comment, think about which plugins are comment related, etc..

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

will check db I guess its prefix_blogid_options right?

unfortunately the source code outputted is a completely blank page...

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

o, found the active plugins settings for this particular blog:

a:35:{i:0;s:21:"MU-WP-Footer HTML.php";i:1;s:27:"about-me-widget/aboutme.php";i:2;s:23:"am_add_users_widget.php";i:3;s:35:"antispam-collateral-condolences.php";i:4;s:43:"attachment-extender/attachment-extender.php";i:5;s:29:"audio-player/audio-player.php";i:6;s:37:"batch-categories/batch-categories.php";i:7;s:17:"cforms/cforms.php";i:8;s:35:"cleaner-gallery/cleaner-gallery.php";i:9;s:32:"custom-query-string-reloaded.php";i:10;s:25:"customize-meta-widget.php";i:11;s:47:"enhanced-recent-posts/enhanced-recent-posts.php";i:12;s:43:"faster-image-insert/faster-image-insert.php";i:13;s:33:"firestats/firestats-wordpress.php";i:14;s:10:"follow.php";i:15;s:55:"highlight-author-comments/highlight_author_comments.php";i:16;s:23:"im-online/im-online.php";i:17;s:42:"kb-advanced-rss-widget/kb_advanced_rss.php";i:18;s:23:"polldaddy/polldaddy.php";i:19;s:21:"scissors/scissors.php";i:20;s:43:"search-bot-tracking/search-bot-tracking.php";i:21;s:13:"sharethis.php";i:22;s:27:"simple-tags/simple-tags.php";i:23;s:39:"sitemap-generator/sitemap-generator.php";i:24;s:20:"trilulilu_plugin.php";i:25;s:25:"uploadplus/uploadplus.php";i:26;s:45:"use-google-libraries/use-google-libraries.php";i:27;s:40:"widget-category-cloud/category-cloud.php";i:28;s:37:"widgets-reloaded/widgets-reloaded.php";i:29;s:22:"widgets/blog-juice.php";i:30;s:29:"widgets/daikosvideowidget.php";i:31;s:21:"widgets/wholinked.php";i:32;s:12:"wp-chunk.php";i:33;s:27:"wp-flashbox/wp-flashbox.php";i:34;s:38:"zdcommentswidget/zd_CommentsWidget.php";}

I could of course just delete this field, so the blog ends up with no active plugins, right?

how do I read the above settings? is there any rule to read it? I mean to me it looks like mumbo-jumbo

6. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

Compare that field to a blog with no active plugins and see what mumbo jumbo remains.

7. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a serialised array. The easiest way to read it is to un-serialise it.

You could create a php page and put:

print_r(unserialize('PAST CHUNK IN HERE'));

To see what it looks like. But basically
    a means array, the number after the : is the number of elements.
    i means integer
    s means string, the number after the : is the length of the string.

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

cool, pretty easy to read once you know all that :-)

I jsut emptied it. that user has to manually activate all plugins now, but hey, that is not that bad :-)

I'll try and manually enable some of them for him, maybe I can figure out what triggered the error.

About this Topic