The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New blog creates but can't access (4 posts)

1. thelaw
    Posted 14 years ago #

Here's a weird one - I can create my fourth blog in WP - let's call it "blog." When I use the dashboard to administrate "blog", it shows the right url of mysite.com/blog/wp-admin HOWEVER the blog that shows is of another blog, which is the one in the root of mysite.com/ and all the articles. For some reason /blog/ is being mapped to use the blog for the root blog. So all the posts, pages and other functions are for the root blog, not the blog named "blog."

Additionally, if I go to http://www.mysite.com/blog/ I get the following error instead of displaying the sample test posts created in a new blog:

No posts were found.
    Sorry! the page you are looking for does not exist.

I created another blog called "latest" using the subdirectory mysite/latest/ - that one gives me a 404 error. If I try to use the dashboard to go to that blog to administrate, I'm getting a 404 error too!

Has anyone seen this or have an idea of what the problem might be?

2. thelaw
    Posted 14 years ago #

1) I've solved the problem of the newest blog issue - I had to manually add in the "www" in the URL for the new blog creation in the Blogs area in the Site Admin. For the love of all that is good and holy I hope that the WP Team will STOP this horrible forced depracation of the www in front of a URL. In many instances it's needed, useful and preferred - even by large web sites (see Adobe amongst numerous others.) Even though you can uncomment it, there are times like this where WP will do things that are unexpected and not work with a "www".

2) I still can't understand why naming a blog "blog" is crosslinked to the main root blog. I looked in the .htaccess file and see no reference to the word "blog" that might cause this. I don't see anything in the database that could cause this. Has ANYONE seen a problem like this? I hope so! Help me out!

3. thelaw
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmmm - this is a little scary, unless my database got corrupted. I have 3 blogs with userA and just created the blog named "blog" with userB only. I made userB an admin. Going to mysite.com/blog still doesn't work and I get a page not found.

So I logged in as the new user, userB, which should only show one blog - the "blog" blog. Oddly enough, it shows the blog in the root directory created by userA (called "Roots") AND the "blog" blog. When logged in, I'm STILL having the "blog" blog admin panel mapped to the blog for the root directory ("Roots.") All the posts are for Roots and not for Blog.

I can't find any reason in the database or the htaccess that would do this. I'm pretty sure that I was able to create a blog called "blog" earlier.

4. thelaw
    Posted 14 years ago #

So I removed a stray user from a blog that no longer existed and now I get:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 537

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 537

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 539

I don't know if we're getting closer or further away from figuring this out and have no idea what this means.

About this Topic