The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Some plugins needed for 2.7.1, no longer compatible (8 posts)

1. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi.
    I've been using new blog defaults om WPMU 2.7 with great success, but when I have it active on 2.7.1 I get errors about memory allocation, so it may be incompatible.
    Is there any other plugin that will let me do the same as this plugin?
    Some other plugins causes memory allocation errors as well, mostly mu-plugins.

2. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm using New Blog Defaults on one of our test servers running 2.7.1 without seeing any errors. Where are you seeing the memory allocation error message?

3. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

New Blog Defaults is my plugin - and I've not yet tested it on 2.7.1 (but Kevin is my coworker, and he has). If you're having problems with it, feel free to email me: deanna dot schneider at gmail.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you;re getting memory allocation errors, please try upper the memory allowed to php. The readme file mentions this I believe.

But the specific error you;re receiving would be a plus to confirm this.

5. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just wanna make sure it's really the same plugin, the file is cets_blog_defaults.php ?
    Is this your file DeannaS?

Just activated it to copy the errormsg:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /mounted-storage/home80a/sub008/sc42263-LDSN/www/wp-includes/kses.php(1023) : runtime-created function on line 1

This message pops up from time to time with other plugins as well, mostly with mu-plugins.
    Maybe it (kses.php) needs a little hack over the head in 2.7.1? :D
    Any pointers?

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Try upping the memory allowed for php. Looks like you have it set to 32megs. Please try 64 megs.

7. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you, that made a world of difference.
    Seems like one or two of the support techs at the host are confused about the difference between "php_value upload_max_filesize 32Mb" and "php_value memory_limit 64M".

I had the host up the limit to 50MB a few weeks ago, but they must have lowered it hostwide to 32MB when they upgraded or did some work on the servers just a few days ago.

Now all of a sudden none of the plugins, mu or otherwise, gives an error about memory allocation. Stands to reason though, most of them should probably work on 2.7.1. if they did on 2.7.

8. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep - that one's mine, but yep - it looks like you've got the memory issue solved.

About this Topic