The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Pulling WPMU header/footer in bbPress (4 posts)

1. jfcarter
    Posted 14 years ago #

I already have basic integration between WPMU and bbPress. My users, logins, etc. all transfer through from WPMU to bbPress.

The challenge is that I would like to load WPMU in bbPress so that I can pull headers, footers, etc. from WPMU.

But over on the bbPress boards, most stuff relates to WP.

Does anyone know how to load WPMU within bbPress?

Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Same way.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

One would have to add in the blog_id though. I know most folks place their bbpress in a subdirectory under their site. The problem with that is that with any blog, going to the bbpress subdirectory (ie username.mymu.tld/bbpress) drops them into the bbpress install. If this happens, visitors will see the theme from that blog and not blog 1 which is where I'm assuming one would want the footer and header to be coming from.

Come to think about it, you;re still going to have to make the blog_id call even if you place the forums into their own subdomain as it'll have no idea what header or footer to call.

Unless you;re trying to do bbpress for all of your blogs as a subdirectory. Then it's moot as you'll want whatever header and footer is being used for those blogs.

Maybe if some specifics and links were provided as to the setup....

4. gerikg
    Posted 14 years ago #

The first thing they say is put
    $bb->WP_BB = true;
    if (file_exists('../wp-blog-header.php'))
    require_once('../wp-blog-header.php');
    else
    if (file_exists('../../wp-blog-header.php'))
    require_once('../../wp-blog-header.php');

in the wp-config.php file but that doesn't work anymore for the MU

WPMU 2.8.3

About this Topic