The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Identifying 'special' members (7 posts)

1. philpeter
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,

I'm looking to identify certain members as being special somehow. I'm thinking along the lines of adding a check box to the Edit User page, visible by Admins only.

This would add user meta data to WP that can then be picked up in the theme using get_usermeta.

Any ideas on how this would work, or anyone willing to create it (even at cost)?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Users or blogs? I think most of us have gone the blogs route instead of users.

3. philpeter
    Posted 14 years ago #

Users, definitely users. I should have mentioned I'm using BuddyPress, too.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you ask over in there support forum? Because BP is more user-centric, and you'll want your output in BP.

5. philpeter
    Posted 14 years ago #

I did yeah, but so far nothing useful has come up. Jeff Sayre mentioned his Featured Members Widget but that doesn't allow for changing a user's profile based on their status as a 'featured' member.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can think of ways to do it within wpmu (adding a field to the usermeta would be the easiest) but I have no idea if they would work within buddypress as we're not using it.

7. philpeter
    Posted 14 years ago #

I figured usermeta might be the way. I'll see what the BP folks have to say.

Thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by philpeter
  • Latest reply from philpeter