The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

posts not publishing (11 posts)

1. alunsina
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi! i have upgraded to 2.7.1 recently and now users cannot post instantly. it turns into scheduled 4 hours from now and then misses its schedule in posting. you can only publish it directly after it missed its schedule.

what can i do to fix it? thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Make sure you server time is set to your local time zone.

And check the blog settings as well for the time zone.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

It may be a better idea to change the internal time setting at Dashboard -> Settings -> General -> Time Settings for the blog in question.

Changing the server time may mess up more important things within the server. Backups, updates, syncs with the other servers in the network, and the like.

4. alunsina
    Posted 14 years ago #

my server time is EST-5 so i synchronized it with main blog dashboard to UTC-5. i have set up blog defaults to -5 but it doesnt seem to do the trick.

am i doing it the right way?

this time problem is also messing up with my buddy press set up but the really big concern right now is the posts. i dont know what changed. i used to have my timezone on it (+8)and it works ok.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

(-5) + (-5) = -10 :)

I think that's how the software works. I'm not in a position to check. It does display what it thinks the correct time is though when you look at that page.

6. alunsina
    Posted 14 years ago #

awwww. allright. will try that. LOL. sorry. i live on the other side of the pacific.

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's not a problem. I know it's that new math. :)

8. alunsina
    Posted 14 years ago #

opps. -10 sets it to 9 hours later.

what is generally the rule of thumb? if my server is EST and i'm on a +8 zone? just ignore my zone right?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you're EST, you are -4 for DST.

10. alunsina
    Posted 14 years ago #

ive set it to every UTC just to get the right time. still no joy. i have decided on using -4 since this is the one that fixes my buddypress time problem. but this makes the posting delayed to 4 hours. whats a girl to do?

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Why not ask your host?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by alunsina
  • Latest reply from andrea_r