The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

simple dashboard plugin questions (4 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

talking about this plugin: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/simple-dashboard

seems there are still some problems with wpmu 2.7.1 also saw a couple of posts about some problems on the premium.wpmudev.org forum.

also here are some suggestions for improvement:

- the number of posts to show from the two feeds is hardcoded and set to 2, it would be nice to be able to set this either in a variable at the top of the plugin or on the plugin settigns page
    - the decision to show summaries of the post or just the title is also hardcoded, same suggestion as above

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can add it to my list of things to do...might be a while.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

:-) thx.

one more question: I edited the plugin to show summaries and 10 items, now it seems as if those settings are not applied to existing blogs, where these settings have already been set up, right?

can you maybe give me some piece of code to use with the power tools plugin to change the settings for all existing blogs according to the new settings in your plugin?

###edit###
    found the url to the power tools plugin: http://plugins.paidtoblog.com/wpmu-power-tools/power-tools/

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

one more issue, just for the record:

the setting: Default Category: doesn't seem to work for me anymore with wpmu 2.7.1 can someone please test that setting is still applied to new blogs?

###edit###
    let me rephrase that: the options gets written for new blogs, but it seems wordpress is ignoring the setting?

Does `Default Category:
    (Overwrites "Uncategorized")` mean instead of Uncategorized being the default category the one selected here will be the default one and if so, will this category be automatically created so the Uncategorized one doesn't even get created?

About this Topic