The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Options page not found (14 posts)

1. x3r0ss
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey,

with some plug-ins when i try to edit their options and then hit the save button it says options page(Or something similar) not found.

How can I fix this ?

Thanks, Xeross

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Fix the plugin in question. Some that aren't WPMU-aware do this.

3. x3r0ss
    Posted 14 years ago #

so how would I fix it, seems a generic problem, so would be the same fix for every plugin.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not necessarily, depending on how the plugin is coded.

5. x3r0ss
    Posted 14 years ago #

Still where should I look in the code, isn't there some sort of code that has to give the error. as the error is the same in every plugin.

6. x3r0ss
    Posted 14 years ago #

dump

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

give an example of a plugin with this error please?

is it about plugins inside mu-plugins or plugins folders?

have you had a look at the url where you end up when it says: options page(Or something similar) not found. ? what does it look like? can you copy and paste such an url?

8. gardella
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi All,
    having the same problem here. I am running my site (aonyx.org) on Wordpress MU, using subdomains. I've run into this with two plugins "geotag" and "Random Tagline". Here is an example of the url and error in question:

http://subdomain.domain.org/wp-admin/options.php

Error! Options page not found.

If I call this directly (not from the plugin config page) I get the normal options page.

thanks

9. gardella
    Posted 14 years ago #

To answer my own question...

Boris the author of geotag identified the problem:

Hi,
    as reported by holyolli, running the Geotag plugin with Wordpress MU will produce some trouble. I tried to find out what went wrong and noticed, that only the procedure which saves the options is affected. Although I stick to the Wordpress Codex for creating options pages, you will always receive a failure notice if you try to save the options. To be honest, right now I don’t now how I can improve the plugin to avoid this error, but I compared the Worpdress MU with the standard version and found the difference which causes the trouble.
    Take a look at the /wp-admin/options.php file and search for the following code:

case ‘update’:
    if ( isset($_POST[ 'option_page' ]) ) {
    $option_page = $_POST[ 'option_page' ];
    check_admin_referer( $option_page . ‘-options’ );
    }

If you change this to

case ‘update’:
    if ( isset($_POST[ 'option_page' ]) ) {
    $option_page = $_POST[ 'option_page' ];
    check_admin_referer( $option_page . ‘-options’ );
    } else {
    // This is for back compat and will eventually be removed.
    $option_page = ‘options’;
    check_admin_referer( ‘update-options’ );
    }

10. nyliferocks
    Posted 14 years ago #

I added the code and now it says are you sure you want to do this? but there is no ok button or submit.

11. tianbo84
    Posted 14 years ago #

Even though this is 2 months old I thought I would add this as I have been trying to get wpmu to work with some older plugins.

Add..

else {
    // This is for back compat and will eventually be removed.
    $option_page = ‘options’;
    check_admin_referer( ‘update-options’ );
    }

As mentioned by gardella, but dont copy and paste or if you make sure you delete the angled apostrophes and replace with proper apostrophes.

Ie. ’ -> '

Then this should work fine for most plugins, just thought I would post it incase someone else is searching through google for a solution as well.

12. tedmann
    Posted 14 years ago #

tianbo84, forgive me if this is obvious, but where in the plugins should you add that code?

13. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

There is a simple 1 minute fix for this now located here:

[link removed]

Hope this helps!

14. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Don't do that to options.php! You're opening up your site to be hacked! Please see this post for instructions on how to fix these plugins.

About this Topic